The PAADS Annual Athlete Development Summit provides athlete development specialists with the opportunity to connect with athlete development specialists from other organizations and to hear from speakers from around the world who are experts in areas of concern to those in the athlete development industry.
The PAADS’ ADS brings together leading thinkers and practitioners in the athlete development space, from organizations including the National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), Major League Baseball (MLB), Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP), National Rugby League (NRL), United States Olympic Committee (USOC), World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR).
- Dr. Brandon Nappi - Copper Beech Institute - A discussion on Mindfulness and Meditation for Pro Athletes
- Dr. David Lavallee - University of Abertay (UK) - Engagement in Athlete Development Enhances Performance
- Mr. Paddy Steinfort - Toronto Blue Jays - Head of Mental Performance
- Mr. Stan Van Gundy - Professional Basketball Coach, General Manager and President of Basketball Operations
- & More to come!
Location: Daytona International Speedway, 1801 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Dates: August 15th-17th, 2018
Hotel Information: Fairfield Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
1820 Checkered Flag Boulevard Daytona Beach FL 32114. Click the following link for the PAADS Room Block - Book your group rate for ADS
Student rate - Students click here to book ADS hotel
Previous ADS’s have addressed a range of topics including:
- Mental Health Considerations for the Competitive Athlete
- Athletes and Relationship Violence
- Empowering the Athlete from an Athletic Trainer’s Perspective
- Financial Education Strategies and Approaches
- Interacting with Player Families
- What NASA and Astronauts Can Teach the Sports World
- Professional Sport as a Platform for Social Change
Previous ADS speakers have included, David Stern, former Commissioner of the NBA; Dr. Jim Loehr of the Human Performance Institute; and Travis Tygart, CEO of the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
PAADS is also pleased to announce the continuation of the PAADS Athlete Development Research Symposium.
For more information about the 2018 ADS and Research Symposium, please contact Kelley Pellegatto at firstname.lastname@example.org